CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Typical Tillamook Flooding






We were in Tillamook during Christmas break, and it decided to give us a mild flood. It didn't last long, but it stormed all day long and didn't let up for a minute. I think it finally stopped some time around 1 AM. Roads were closing, including the one that we have to drive on to get to my parents house. Fortunately on Friday when we woke up, the rain never continued and the water soon started to receed, contrary to the weatherman telling us otherwise! He said it wasn't going to let up until Saturday morning. Glad they were wrong. Collin was really scared about the flooding going on. He had never experienced one like I have before. He said to me as we were going to bed "Mom, what if it floods in the house?" I assured him that has never happened before. I reminded him of God's promise to us. I asked him if he remembered what the rainbow symbolized. He said yes. No worries after that! Whew! Of course, he had to go play in the water on Friday after the storm quit! Here are a few pictures from that!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good old Tillamook flooding! I looove the boot pic!!!